Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Prepping to Leave

Well I'm a week out, so I decided I should find a nice blogging site to keep people posted on my year in St. Lucia. I am hoping that I will take time to post on this, so that my friends and family can keep up to date on my latest St. Lucia stories. :)  

A week from now I will be on an airplane flying to Atlanta and then to St. Lucia.  I must admit, I am nervous.  I think that nervousness comes from the unknown: the unknown of living in a new country and the unknown of what my first class will be like.  I think every first year teacher would admit that they are nervous though so that's probably an okay feeling to have.  With that nervousness comes excitement though too!  I am so excited to spend time with the members of the Trinity Lutheran Church, as well as enjoy beautiful St. Lucia! When I went to visit in May the members were so welcoming.  I can't wait to become involved with the congregation and meet even more people! 

Anyways this week is being filled with spending time with family and friends, as well as packing.  Will everything fit in my suitcase?  I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :) 


2 comments:

  1. They probably won't fit in your suitcase because ill be taking up all your space :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nerves of having your first class, you are not alone! I feel those nerves as well!

    ReplyDelete