Thursday, August 13, 2015

1st Night

Today I moved to St. Lucia.  How many people can say that in their lifetime?  I live on an island… I don’t think it has quite hit me yet.  The morning started at about 2:30 A.M. for me and is still going at 10:30 tonight as I write this.  I wouldn’t say that today has been an easy day.  It was definitely not easy saying goodbye to my family this morning, or last night, or a few days ago.  Toting around my 50 lb. carry on also was not easy, but the coffee pot made it and I am sure I will be thankful in the morning! J We arrived safe and sound in St. Lucia at about 2:30 where we were met up with Mrs. Murray’s niece who gave us a ride home from the airport.  Upon arrival we were able to bring our bags in the house and had about 10 minutes or so to look around and decide what we wanted to go buy at the stores.  Two workers at the school helped and advised us on what was a good deal and what we should wait on.  It was quite the adventure and very overwhelming, but we managed and were very thankful for the extra help!  After spending some time at the store we came home and enjoyed our first meal in our apartment! Abby and I split cheesy potatoes and some beef tips.  While not the best food, it was very satisfying.  I apparently forgot to eat today so all I had eaten up until about 8:30 tonight were the 4 biscoff cookies I had on the plane.  Eating gave me a second wind and we started the cleaning.  Our apartment was nasty! So we’ve been cleaning and putting away our things all night.  While not unpacked, at least I have a start!  Two downsides so far, It’s hot and we have no Wi-Fi at our house yet.  We’re feeling a bit cut off from our family and friends, but I guess it has given us some quality cleaning time which we needed!  

Well I best get some sleep.  Hopefully I can, but without my A/C/ on we'll see! Oh and it's noisy from all the bugs outside, but so far only 1 small bug in our house!  Let's hope it stays that way! :)

Here is us at our first St. Lucia shopping experience! We all made it safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment