Friday, August 14, 2015

Our First Days

As I am writing this I would say that I am feeling better about the move.  Yesterday was filled with many positives.  We officially have wifi! That was huge.  We no longer have to sit in the field outside of the Montessori Centre to use school's wifi (although I'm sure the couple of teachers who saw us doing this got a kick out of it.)  With wifi I was able to Skype with Kelsey and my parents last night.  It has also been easier to stay in contact with people here, as almost everyone has whatsapp.
Yesterday we were also able to make it to the beach (about a 30 minute walk). We're definitely enjoying our time on the beach and its a great way to cool off!  We were very productive with our time and walking and got lunch at the supermarket on the way to the beach, as well as groceries on the way back.   Our last highlight was getting fans!  Last night was the first night that I didn't turn my A/C on in the middle of the night because I was hot.  The fan makes a huge difference!

As for today, we had a new staff meeting in the morning and came back to clean.  We headed to the beach this afternoon which was perfect and tonight Pastor Bram will be picking us up to go to the children's play at Trinity Lutheran Church. I'm really excited to see some familiar church faces!

Here are a few pictures of our house for whoever would like to see! :)

Our living room

Dining Room

Kitchen

My bedroom

The Marina

The school I will be teaching at.

Ahh... I could get used to this! 
My new home... well the bottom anyways!


2 comments:

  1. The house looks so beautiful! And CLEAN! Nice work ladies :)
    AND THE MARINA AND BEACH.....LOVE!!!!
    So glad we were able to Skype this morning and keep in touch.
    Love you! You're doing great. Good luck at the market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! It was nice to Skype with you as well! We got a bunch of fruits at the market which made us all happy campers! :)

      Delete