Sunday, May 1, 2016

Last week in April

This week was a bit odd.  Not necessarily because of how school was, but more so because I was in bed and asleep every night by 10, sometimes earlier.  Another thing I’ve been noticing is that the heat is back.  Air conditioning is back on before bed and some days even at school. 
Monday was picture day at school.  Other than that it was a normal day.  I came home and had a relaxing night watching a show or two.
Tuesday night we did not have sticky group as Pastor Tom was sick, so instead we again had a relaxing night.  I skyped Deb and AJ and was in bed by 9:45.  So nice! 
Wednesday was the strangest day ever.  Teacher Darnelle was sick so I got to spend about an hour and half in grade 1 while Najma taught my class.  I got my stunt in grade 1, but was very happy to return to my classroom after snack.  The rest of the day was off as well since Najma, Robin, and I all had observations to do.  I spent 45 minutes observing the Toddler class and I was very happy when I was finished and able to go back to my classroom for lunch.  The afternoon was a bit off as well since we had a student birthday and a parent coming in to talk to the students about tourism.  I was observed as well and I felt like I was back in student teaching.  By the end of this week observations should be over and I’m extremely grateful to get back normal.  After school I rushed home in time to eat and head to piano.  All my students showed up which was a win in my book and we were able to make it home before 8. Another early bedtime for me.
Thursday was back to normal.  The day went as planned. I’m so proud of my students.  We have been practicing our dance for the dance festival and they are doing fantastic!  I got home and was able to relax a bit before doing a bit of lesson planning.  I finished off the night by skyping Ruth.  Hearing from friends and family makes it easier living far away from home.  Although this is my new home and I am loving it most days! 
Friday school was also a bit off as we did not have both music and computer class.  Other than that the day was good.  Abby had a student with a birthday so I got another piece of cake.  With the 3 birthdays that have occurred this last week, I have saved a piece of cake from each.  This is going to be what I eat for my birthday on Monday.  After school we chilled for a bit and then around 5 headed to Spinnakers for happy hour and fries.  On the way home, we stopped at the supermarket to get some groceries.  Casey and Kerne came over about an hour later and we played card games for a couple hours.  I have missed playing games, so it was a fun night. 
Saturday morning I was able to sleep in and it felt wonderful!  I woke up, did laundry, made pancakes, watched Bethlehem’s sermon, and watched some of my shows from the week.  It was an overcast day so while we had wanted to go to the beach, we decided to wait.  Instead we walked over to the mall and shopped for 2 hours.  What did I get?  Felly Belly.  That was it.  I can’t justify getting clothes here, I’d much rather wait and shop when I get back home in 2 months.  Before heading home, Abby and I picked up sweet and sour chicken from Jade Terrace.  What a great decision!  I got home and did not have to cook.  We ended the night with movie night.  We pushed the couches together and set up the laptop and speakers on the back of one of the couches.  Such a great set up for us!  We popped some popcorn and enjoyed our movie.  Who needs a movie theater anyways? 
This morning we headed to church as usual, but it was a bit of a special Sunday.  A year ago, we were spending our first Sunday ever at Trinity on our visit to St. Lucia.  We realized how special of a congregation it was, as we worshiped with a bunch of strangers.  I remember feeling very overwhelmed because Abby was all for staying and I was all for taking a call.  We had completely switched roles.  Man has God brought us a long way in a year!  Another reason today was different than most Sundays is that Pastor Tom announced that he has returned his call to Colorado.  We were all pretty happy to hear this!  I can’t imagine living in St. Lucia without the Spiegelbergs around. 

After church the congregation always sings Happy Birthday to those with birthdays for the week.  As soon as Pastor asked if there were any birthdays, Abby’s hand shot up to announce that it was my birthday.  Everyone was very sweet with the birthday wishes.  I played piano during part of communion and gave Jason a very short piano lesson after Sunday School.  It was a good Sunday.  We returned home to eat our usual Sunday lunch of hash browns.  I skyped Katelyn (and Ryan) for a bit, watched some tv, and took a nap.  Again it is an overcast day.  We had wanted to go to the beach, but we decided we’re saving it for tomorrow.  In a little bit I will be making tacos for dinner.  Tonight we are going with Jen and Tom to Skip Monday (a band).  They are playing at the Marina.  Following that we plan to meet the guys at the beach to ring in my birthday with some waves and a drink.  

I love Felly Belly! 

Look what my roommates got me for my birthday! 

Starting off the birthday weekend right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment