Monday, April 25, 2016

Back at it

Well I now see that I have been slacking on the posts.  Whoops! My apologies.  Here is the latest on last week. 

Sunday: Church and a lazy day. 

Monday: Today I had piano with Q.  Q is one of Pastor Bram friends and he’s pretty enthusiastic about piano.  The first lesson went well.  Afterwards I made dinner and then had a lazy night. 

Tuesday: School was a normal day.  After school I made dinner for the girls and then headed to Pastor Brams where I was able to practice guitar. From there Ravi and Sheena picked me up and we went up to Pastor Tom’s where we worked on ordering some more wedding stuff.  I stayed until Sticky group.  This week for Sticky group we had a bit bigger of a group.  Casey and Kerne walked Abby up to Pastor and Jens and then stuck around and Mrs. Kewiche and her husband came as well.  It was nice to have a bigger group.  Afterwards Sheena and Ravi gave us a ride home.  I was really tired so I headed to shower.  Afterwards I was brushing my teeth when all of a sudden I see something move.  I quickly spit out what was in my mouth and called for Abby.  Sure enough, a nice roach was underneath my hairbrush… Thank goodness for Abby! I don’t know what I would do without her. 


Wednesday:  After school there was a staff workshop which means we could not have piano lessons this week.  Unfortunately, 3 hours later it seemed as if we hadn’t gotten as far as we should have.   We got home and all I wanted was food.  I quickly ate and then the girls and I ran to the store where I bought some ice cream.  This was the first time I have bought ice cream in the store, but it seemed like it was much needed for the day. 

Thursday : Since we weren’t able to have lessons this week at church, Casey came over with the guitar.  He was able to have his piano lesson and I had my guitar lesson.  Afterwards we practiced a few songs for church.  I feel a lot more comfortable playing once I’ve practiced with the guitar.  Later on I skyped Kayla, finished lesson planning (or most of it) and headed to bed. 

Friday: Today was a dress down day.  In honor of earth day the children could wear brown or green.  I honestly wish there were no dress down days.  They always seem to bring additional challenges.  Anyways after school was over I came home and started making chocolate chip cookies for CIA and sloppy joes for dinner.  Casey and Kerne came over for dinner, however by the time the cookies were done and we had all eaten, it didn’t make sense to go to CIA.  We would have been extremely late.  Instead all of us including Tanya went to Keebees.  It was a relaxing night and afterwards we made our way home. 

Saturday: Saturday morning I woke up early, well early for a Saturday.  Staci picked me up and brought me over to her house to learn how to make mocha roll.  This is a delicious rich chocolaty frozen dessert.  I stayed for just long enough to learn and afterwards Staci dropped me back at home where I watched some TV, skyped Kelsey and Megan, and took a long nap.  Today is Yuri’s birthday so we decided it would be nice to go visit him at work.  While waiting for the guys to arrive Abby and I enjoyed some country music and coloring.  I was so relaxed that I didn’t realize the guys had arrived until they yelled into our window and scared the living daylights out of Abby and I.  I was literally in tears.  We walked to the main road where we caught a bus.  We then spent the night hanging out. 


Sunday: This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn.  We got ready and headed to church.  This morning I played 3 songs in church and I was pretty proud of myself.  After church we went with Jen to Mega J’s and Super J’s.  I came back and ate and then took an hour long nap.  It was a much needed nap, but left me tired.  I talked to mom on the phone for a bit and then walked up to Jen and Tom’s for movie night.  It’s been awhile since we’ve gone up on Sunday night.  A well- missed routine.  As soon as we got home, I showed, and crashed.  In fact I was in bed and asleep by 9 P.M.  Monday should be a good day! 

1 comment:

  1. Kirsten - you have a way of documenting the normal - which will be wonderful memories of your time in St Lucia Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete