Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week of Sports

Another week in the books. This week our big project in school was to finish making paper-mâché Easter eggs.  Each of the students made one egg and next week they will be painting them and then stuffing them with candy for the Easter egg the following week.  Monday and Tuesday afternoons were pretty relaxed.  Dinner, yoga, and bed would pretty much summarize my night.  Wednesday night we had church and Thursday night Abby and I taught piano lessons. Friday, however, was not a normal day.
Friday was sports day at school and man was I exhausted!  My day started at 7:30 when I arrived at school.  I started helping to set up around 8 and by 9 students were out on the field ready to go.  Basically my job for the day was to help set up each of the races.  There were multiple heats of each race, so as soon as the first group went I was helping set up for the next group. The students were involved in a variety of races throughout the day.  Cones and markers, three legged, sack race, potato and spoon, hanging clothes, socks and shoes, marble rolling, balls in the buckets, and running to the finish line.  Each student was assigned to 3 races and the final run to the finish line everyone did.  The students took a break for snack, but during this time the parents did their races.  The only “break” I got was about a minute in between the few races to drink some water and put some more sunscreen on.  It was such a long day, but it was kind of fun to be so involved with it. 
            I was very thankful that we had an early release and I was able to make it home around 1:30.  Upon arrival, I changed out of my jeans and tshirt and laid down in bed.  I literally could not move for a good hour and a half.  Tanya got home and we unwinded with a bit of Chairman’s before heading to Jade Terrace (a Chinese restaurant) for dinner before CIA.  Our new neighbors upstairs were blasting their music super loud, so we all got out of the house for the night.  Tanya came with us for CIA this week as it was held at Antilla brewery.  Once everyone arrived we had our bible study and then played Taboo.  It was a fun night and I really enjoyed having CIA outside of church. 
            Yesterday started off like any other Saturday, except I actually slept in!  Not often will I sleep past 8:30, but I woke up around 9:30 only to find both of my roommates were awake already.  I did some laundry and attempted to watch Pastor Ben’s sermon while eating my pancakes.  Tanya, Abby and I started to look into booking our activities for Barbados, but weren’t able to come up with a solid plan.  I skyped Megan and then Najma came over for a little bit so we could finish our planning for the week.  We found out that we are a lot more creative with our lessons when we lesson plan on the weekend, unfortunately we normally can’t do this as lessons are supposed to be in on Fridays.  I talked with mom on the phone for a little bit and was able to practice guitar and watch a little TV, before Staci came to pick us up.
            We spent out afternoon/evening at the Landwehr house.  They live up the hill from Calabash Cove, so we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon on the beach with a decent sunset.  We then hiked back up the hill to their house for an amazing dinner of grilled chicken.  I need to learn how to cook like that!  After dinner we played a game called Deer in the Headlights before heading back home.  Last night for whatever reason I could not do math for the life of me, and Jonas enjoyed giving me a hard time about that.  It made me feel right at home.

            This morning I woke up a little before my alarm.  This allowed me to actually get some laundry done before church.  Church was great as always and upon arriving home I cleaned and ate some lunch.  Almost every Sunday we come home and have hashbrowns for lunch.  I normally have a smoothie to go along with it.  Tanya, Abby, and I booked a few of our activities in Barbados.  A day trip and a sunset cruise are currently planned.  We’ll see what else we are able to do while we are there. I did some school work and then relaxed a bit before heading to the supermarket with Abby.  While there someone asked if we were his neighbor, to which my reply was “Umm… maybe.”  Yes, he is one of the new tenants who lives upstairs.  He seemed nice and walked back with us from the supermarket.  Hopefully we’ll get to meet the others soon.  Maybe if we make a good enough impression they’ll be a little bit quieter upstairs.  I guess we’ll see! We’ve been spoiled for the last 6 months having no one upstairs.  Tonight we are headed over to Jen’s for piano and pizza biscuits (Ian’s new creation). 

Making smoothies out of "glow" foods

In our house shirts :) 

The gorgeous sunset.  I love this part about St. Lucia

Beach life

No comments:

Post a Comment