Sunday, January 17, 2016

Last week with Kelsey

         This week did not start off very exciting (minus the fact that Kelsey is here which is exciting).  Monday was a typical day at school, followed by a trip to the grocery store and bank.  On the way to the bank I tripped around the same place as Kelsey did and busted my toe.  While it did hurt, it was quite comical to think that just 2 days earlier Kelsey had done the same thing.  Since we were in town and Kelsey was with us we tried out Elena’s ice cream.  It was a nice treat after a long Monday of school.
            Tuesday was a bit different for me at school.  Najma has started teaching a few lessons here and there for me, as she needs to get some practice teaching in, so I had a little more time on my hands.  This was helpful as I was able to go watch Assembly on my campus for the first time.  Next week I am in charge of assembly on this campus so I am happy I was able to observe what I am supposed to do.  Tuesday afternoon Kelsey and I went on a walk around the neighborhood.  I wanted to get her opinion on our hills to see how they compared to UW Eau Claire’s hill.  Her conclusion is that ours is definitely steeper, but Eau Clair’s is longer.  We finished off the night relaxing and watching Bachelor. 
            Wednesday was a normal day at school followed by piano lessons.  Casey came early and gave Kelsey a guitar lesson.  Pretty sure she will be better than me in no time!  On Thursday I had a meeting after school in which I had to teach a lesson on time to the teachers.  It was something that I stressed over for awhile, but in the end it turned out fine.  The meeting went a lot shorter than expected and I was able to get home and spend some time with Kels.  We played a few rounds of double solitaire and watched a movie before heading to bed.
            Friday, Kelsey came to school for the day and my students loved having her around, as did Najma and I.  Kelsey helped a bunch on Friday, including preparing a bunch of materials for next week.  She was a big help and while I know Najma and I will miss having her around, our students will also miss her.  The days she did not come to school, they were asking where Miss Kelsey was.  Friday after school we left and headed to the mall for one last trip to the bank and Felly Belly (Kelsey’s request).  Later on that night Mr. Erik picked us up and we all headed to CIA.  It was so nice to be back with our church friends.  I’m glad Kelsey was able to see what CIA is like. 
            Saturday morning we left early for our boat cruise.  I think it’s safe to say that this was Kelsey’s favorite part of visiting.  Our boat tour went down to Soufriere where we were able to do a variety of activities.  The weather started off really cold and rainy and I was glad I had my jacket and sarong to stay warm.  Who would have thought we’d think 80 and rainy was cold?  Despite the weather, which went between rain and sun all day, we enjoyed our time.  Kelsey stood under a waterfall, which the rest of us girls skipped out on.  We then went to Sulfur Springs and took a mud bath, headed to a plantation and went zip-lining which was followed up by lunch, and then headed back on the boat for snorkeling on the way back.  It was a packed day, but we all enjoyed it! 
            Today was church and we left right afterwards so that Kelsey could get back in time for her ride to the airport.  I’m hoping all goes nice and smooth for her!  After Kelsey left I spend the afternoon running to the grocery store, cleaning my room, making brownies, and working on stuff for school.  I open this week so it will be a lot of early mornings coming up! 

            Randoms from the week:
1.       I never realized how much doves sound like owls.
2.      Felly Belly really is delicious.  It may be my Caribou Coffee in the Caribbean.
3.      We got the local price for zip lining!  So much cheaper than what everyone else pays!

4.      I don’t want Kelsey to go! 


So gorgeous from the water

Loving Marigot Bay! 

Safe travels Kelsey. Miss you already!


It was a bit cold to start out with.

Boat Cruise!

Kels and I with the Pitons


Zip-lining with some of my favorite girls!

Waterfall 



No comments:

Post a Comment