Thursday, December 17, 2015

Beginning of December

December has hit and I realized I have been slacking a bit on my blog posts.  This last week was so crazy busy.  Last Saturday was a nice and relaxing day.  Abby and I decided to walk to the beach and got rained on.  We decided we can no longer plan a beach day because every time we do it rains and every time we don’t it’s a beautiful day!  Once we made it to the beach however it stopped raining and we were able to sit and enjoy the sand and water.  There was a beach wedding at the hotel and Abby joined the clapping of the wedding guests as the bride and groom kissed (I can’t take her anywhere).  After the beach we met Sheena at Antilla brewery.  It was so nice to just spend some time with just us girls!  Sheena is great and we all have teaching in common. 

On Sunday we went to church as normal and afterward Pastor Bram brought us to the Pink house.  Abby and I have been trying to get there so that we could pick up some plates!  Michelle Elliot paints beautiful dishes!  Pastor Bram dropped us at home afterwards and I was able to eat some lunch, make brownies, skype, and go to the supermarket.  Then we were off to the Landwehrs house for the annual Christmas party.

The Landwehrs had a bunch of people over from church.  I was surprised at the variety of people that were there.  Church is great and again I was reminded of how blessed I am to be a part of this church family!  At the Christmas party we all gathered around and sang Christmas carols.  I honestly felt like I was surrounded by my family as I was there. One of my Sunday school students sat on my lap as we sang carols, just like my cousins used to do. We played blackout bingo to get everyone talking with one another, ate some delicious food and finished off playing Swap with a bunch of the guys from church.  Sitting around the table playing a card game again made me feel like I was hanging out with my cousins.  I love my church family and I had a wonderful time with them!  It’s beginning to feel like Christmas! J


Theresa is one on my Sunday School students.   

Singing carols at the Christmas party.
Mr. Erik played the Christmas carols on his guitar.

Singing carols at the Christmas party.

Everyone trying to get Blackout on their Bingo board. 

Eating a delicious dinner with the guys.
Abby and I weren't ready for the day so what did we do when our neighbor came to the gate?  We both dropped to the floor and ate our lunch there so he wouldn't see us.  
Sunsets at the beach are the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment